Life Without Plastic Stainless Steel Lid for Sprouting – Small Mouth
Sprout your own seeds easily at home with this DIY sprouting lid attachment for regular mouth Mason jars. This kit includes one mesh lid insert and one ring steel band made of high quality and rust-proof stainless steel.
This lid is great for making fresh sprouts but is also handy for straining or sifting. Pop in some icing sugar to sift over pancakes or cocoa powder to sift over a dark chocolate cake.
How to sprout seeds
- Wash the seeds, the jar, and lid.
- Place seeds in the jar (no more than a quarter of the way up the jar as they will expand quite a bit) and cover with a few inches of water.
- Let them soak for 4-6 hours preferably covered under a towel or tea cozy to keep the jar in the dark.
- Rinse the seeds 2-3 times a day and immediately drain.
- Continue to rinse the seeds daily to be sure they don’t dry out and keep out of direct sunlight. As soon as they are big enough to harvest (generally 5-6 days) give them a final rinse and drain well in a colander.
- Remove unsprouted seeds. Once dry, put in bowl and use within 1 week. Eat raw.
Diameter: 7cm / 2.75″ (fits regular mouth jars)
Width: 1.7cm / 0.67″
Materials: Stainless steel 18-8 (304)
Care Instructions: Wash by hand